HP Inc. expanded its hybrid HP Latex R Printer Series with the R1000 Printer for rigid and flexible printing.
Designed for a variety of hybrid applications including signage and displays, the growing portfolio offers choice, value, and versatility while featuring innovative technologies including HP Latex Rigid Printing Technology and HP Latex White Ink.
“Print service providers are looking at new ways to increase production and expand applications by investing in innovative print technologies such as rigid and white ink to embrace all the possibilities of print,” said Joan Pérez Pericot, General Manager, HP Large Format Graphics Business, HP Inc. “The new introduction to our HP Latex R Printer Series delivers a versatile and innovative print solution for medium-sized businesses to unlock print opportunities and drive growth.”
The current portfolio includes the HP Latex R2000 Printer, designed for large-signage printer service providers (PSP) who require workflow efficiency and sustained production. With the debut of the HP Latex R1000 Printer, HP is adding depth to offer maximum value in one device. Designed for growing businesses with investment and space constraints, the versatile printer offers a single set of inks for a wide range of flexible and rigid media including applications for retail, outdoor signage, window graphics, events and exhibitions, and decorations.
The new printer comes with three liter-ink cartridges, compared to the larger model with five liters, and is designed to accommodate materials up to 1.64 meters/64 inches wide and up to 5 cm/2-inches thick while the R2000 prints up to 2.5-meters/98-inches wide and up to 5-cm/2-inches thick.
The HP Latest R1000 enables:
- High image quality and vibrant colors: HP Thermal Inkjet Printheads and redesigned HP Latex Inks achieve vibrant color gamut on rigid while preserving media gloss and feel with no smell (1).
- Printing in white without barriers: HP Latex White Ink delivers the glossiest white (2) on transparent and colored media and achieves no waste between white print jobs. The removable HP Thermal Inkjet Printheads can be stored in an offline rotating chamber and automatic maintenance makes white like any other color, including automatic recirculation and nozzle checks.
- Durability and versatility: HP Latex Overcoat (3) adds durable and flexible water-based ink for high adhesion and scratch resistance while lower curing temperatures allow for wide media versatility.
- Efficiency: Productive belt workflow enables customers to handle print peaks in-house and meet short deadlines with up to 57 sqm per hour (614 sqf per hour) with up to 60 kg/150lb rolls for flexible printing.
- Smarter printing: Proactive and preventive services via HP Smart Services maximize uptime and helps avoid costly operating mistakes with automatic maintenance, smart vacuum, and assisted loading.
(1)There is a broad set of media with very different odor profiles. Some of the media can affect the odor performance of the final print.
(2)Glossiest white based on internal HP testing in January 2018 compared to the HP Scitex FB750/FB550 Printer using UV-curable ink technology. White ink measured for the level of gloss at 60 degrees on a rigid material (acrylic). Tested using Glossmeter BYK micro-TRI-gloss (20°, 60°, 85°), compatible with ISO 2813 and ASTM D523 relative to glossiness measure. High opacity and resists yellowing based on internal HP WeatherOmeter testing October, 2017 with 1 dot-per-pixel HP Latex Overcoat, on a range of rigid and flexible unlaminated substrates. Yellowing based on L* and B* of white underflood samples. White ink capability may be optional, requiring purchase of the HP White Ink Option Kit.
(3)HP Latex Overcoat improves scratch resistance on low-cost prints where lamination may be impractical or too expensive. Scratch resistance based on internal HP testing in January, 2018 demonstrating equivalent scratch-resistance performance for prints produced with HP Latex Inks for the HP Latex R Printer series and HP Latex Inks for the HP Latex 1500 Printer that provide scratch resistance comparable to representative hard-solvent inks on self-adhesive vinyl and PVC banner. Estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab on a range of media.