HP Stitch S series, a recently announced dye sublimation portfolio, solidifies HP’s entry into the sportswear, fashion, soft signage, and interior décor textiles industries.
At FESPA 2019, HP introduced HP Stitch S1000, a super wide dye sub production printer designed for high productivity and simplified operation, unleashing new production possibilities for interior décor and soft signage.
The HP Stitch S1000 is a 3.2 meter (126-inch) dye sub printer that brings a new level of innovation to high production companies to meet deadlines more easily by enabling fast speeds, high uptime, and unattended shifts. Fully automatic maintenance ensures optimal image quality without user intervention, while saving time with easy media loading and unloading by a single operator.
The printer is making its worldwide debut the HP Stand (F30 in Hall A5) at FESPA 2019 in Munich, Germany, May 14-17. The new HP Stitch portfolio, including the 1.62 m (64 inch)
HP Stitch S300 and S500 printers, removes complexity from dye sub printing.
“HP’s expansion into the textiles industry solidifies our commitment to making digital printing accessible to all. The new super wide HP Stitch S1000 removes major complexities from dye sub printing, with industry leading technology and high-quality prints at unrivalled speed,” says Santi Morera, Head of Graphics Solutions Business at HP. “The S1000 truly unlocks the power of color for production environments through smart technology.”
HP thermal inkjet for dye sublimation ink
The HP Stich portfolio introduces dye sublimation ink into HP’s Thermal Inkjet printing technology to meet rising demand for polyester-based textiles for sportswear, fast fashion, home décor and soft signage. HP Stitch S1000 is ideal for medium and large print service providers to boost production of textile applications in the soft signage market, including backlits, frontlits, and interior décor such as curtains, upholstery, and sofas.
The HP Stitch S1000 for high-volume production offers:
- High-productivity: Meet short deadlines and seasonal peaks of production with high productivity modes, reaching a maximum production speed up to 220 m2/h and backlit speed up to 130sqm/h.
- Image quality: Sharp prints even on high density jobs printing direct to fabric using HP Drop&Dry print zone Dryer. Reliable image quality thanks to the Smart Nozzle Compensation System. The optical media advance sensor, the OMAS Plus, controls media advance, for both transfer paper and fabric materials, even when printing at highest speeds.
- Superior quality printing: HP Stitch provides 1200 native dpi in thermal inkjet printheads resulting in high quality prints, including deep blacks and vivid colors.
- High capacity: High unattended printing capability with 10 liter-capacity supplies and up to 300 kg rolls.
- Color consistency: Distribute jobs across fleets with best-in-class color consistency from printer to printer thanks to HP Smart Color tools
- Maximize uptime with the first user replaceable print heads and HP Smart Services